Tuesday, December 22, 2009

July 6, 2009 Hello From Minnesota (That's weird to say!)

Hello Everyone,
I hope all is going well with you. Minnesota is treating me great! After about a 12 hour trip across the mission, I finally made it to Detroit Lakes. Its really pretty here and full of lakes! Lots of green stuff...everywhere. And lakes and green stuff also mean lots of mosquitos, dang, but it's alright.
I had a fun week. Got to meet a lot of our investigators...which is about 3 or 4, haha. The work is pretty slow here, but we do have a lady on date for baptism, our only struggle will be getting her to church since she works 3 jobs and is really busy. My companions name is Elder Badten and he's from New Hampshire. He's a good guy and we're getting along really well.
The branch out here is pretty tiny, about 20-30 active members, but I'm excited to be in a branch again, they're a lot of fun. The members are great and seem to have a special spirit about them, which is exciting.
I'm a little short on stories this week since my brain doesn't seem to want to work right now. But I'm loving it.
The work is going well and we're trying to find new people to teach and get this place built up. One of the biggest problems is the closest members to us are about 20 minutes away. None of the members actually live in Detroit Lakes itself, which is kind of nuts. But we have a few people who are willing to go out, but since they live pretty far out of town(a lot of them) they aren't able to make it as much. But we're working with what we have and making the most of it.
Well, if anyone has any questions, feel free to email them to me and I can reply in this email I send out every week.
I have a great love for this work and the blessing it brings to my life. I know that the Lord is amongst us preparing people within our circle of influence to come unto Him. But it is up to us to find those people. Many people are looking for the truth but "don't know where to find it." So in the words of Sister Cannon..."Go out and be the answer to someone's prayer!"
Love,
Elder Fitt

No comments: