Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Weekly Update from Elder Fitt

Hi Everyone,
I had a pretty good week here. We worked a lot of finalizing things for our booth in the mall, which went pretty well. I'll try to send some pictures out next week of it(because they're on another Elder's camera). It was good for the church though; the mall was packed and a lot of people saw the booth. On one side we have the dvd Special Witnesses of Christ which is an hour long presentation of the testimonies of the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve of various subjects regarding our faith(if you haven't seen it I'd recommend watching it for FHE). Lots of handouts, Book of Mormons, flyers, banners, slideshow of families in the Stake, the works, it was pretty awesome.
James Tracke, is getting baptized this coming Sunday, and he asked me to perform the baptism! I'm way excited. Though I wasn't here for his whole learning experience, its still awesome. I'll finally get to break in my baptismal clothes that have been collecting dust on my shelf for the past 6 months. Other than that we've been trying to contact less-actives, and find new investigator's, both of which are slow, but we have some promising contacts and current investigator's we're working with.
I'm not sure what else to report this week, I left my journal at home because I thought we'd be coming to the library later, so I don't remember all the cool things that happened this week. But its been good for the most part.
Spiritual thought for the week. I've been reading in Jesus the Christ lately, in the later chapters around the last week of Christ. Talmage discusses the parable of the 10 virgins, as well as the talents. Both of which touch on preparation as well as using the talents the Lord gives you and the magnification thereof. As I've been out here, in myself and others, I've seen talents that have been used and others that have been buried and have begun to grasp the reality of it. If we aren't grateful for what we have and use it to the best of our ability, the Lord will take it away from us, not because he's mean, but because He wants to humble us. As we submit to the will of the Lord and do all we can with all that we have, He will do the rest. Trust in the Lord.
I hope you all have a great week. The Church is true!
Love,
Elder Fitt

No comments: