Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Its Raining in Rapid City!

Oh ya, raining not snowing!! I'm so excited, I'm tired of the snow. But it was neat 2 weeks ago or so, I saw a 'movie snowflake' that was perfectly shaped. From what I hear, that happens only when its really cold, which is probably why I didn't see any in Utah. Maybe, I don't know, but it was cool nonetheless.

Anyway, its been a good week. The rodeo has been in town and some of the Elders rode the mechanical bull, it was pretty funny. I didn't ride, since it isn't exactly allowed...but I didn't mind them doing it since the man running the bull was LDS and he was talking about the church and the importance of missionaries when an Elder would be on the bull, so it gave some good publicity for us.

It was a kinda slow week for lessons, but we did get to see some people we haven't seen for a while which is always good. We got a new investigator named Ken Brown, an African American guy, who was a media referral for a free bible. We delivered it to him and had a really fun discussion with him on scriptures in the Bible. We didn't bash which was good, He has a pretty open mind, but wants to make sure he doesn't get led astray. He'll probably be at church next week with his son, which is exciting. He's a really good guy and loves his family, which is always a plus.

The missionaries in Rapid City got together on Saturday and we "blitz'd" the sister missionaries area to help them get investigators. It was fun tracting with a different Elder and we had a lot of success, which is really exciting. We tracted into an Atheist woman, who was kinda bipolar in her religious beliefs. It was sad, she kep saying how one part of her wishes she could see her husband and kids and pets after she dies, but the other half says theres no God...and she wouldn't let us teach her otherwise. Just kinda sad.

Anyway, other than that things have been good. One of the AP's (assistant to the president) is staying in our apartment for the week. He goes home on Friday, Its really fun being around him because he's an amazing missionary and disciple of Christ. His name is Elder Johanssen and he's from Florida. What a good guy.

Well other than that, thanks everyone for the letters, and I hope I can get a mail key soon so I can get the letters that people sent to the sheridan lake address. I hope everyone is still reading the Book of Mormon, it is an amazing book and I grow to love it more every day. I know this Church is true. Yesterday at church we talked about apostasy/apostates and the importance of following the current leadership of the church today. I know President Monson is a prophet of God and that the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles are inspired men and as we listen to their council we will be able to succeed through the trials of life. I love you all and hope you have a great week!
Love,
Elder Fitt

No comments: