Sunday, May 23, 2010

May 17, 2010

Hello Everyone,
I hope you had a pleasant week. Mine was interesting. On thursday as I was getting ready to take a shower in the morning I bent over real quick and...my back went out! It dropped me to the ground and I could barely get up or move around. It took a couple minutes to finally get back on my feet and I hobbled out of the bathroom to better assess the situation. I was in pretty bad shape and could barely support myself. Soon after I talked with the mission presiden't wife and the church doctor over the area and I probably only tweaked my back, which learning about some of the alternative explanations which gladly I didn't show symptoms for. So for that whole day I stayed mainly in bed barely being able to move, but since it has gotten better quite fast and I'm getting around pretty well now. I still is difficult to bend over and actions that take a lot of lower back strength still trouble me, but I'm recovering and am able to get back to work.
So that was a fun experience for the week! The day after I threw it out my district leader and his companion came to Watertown to help us work the area. His companion, Elder Lindstrom has a foot problem that he's being sent home for tomorrow that is really debillitating. So him and I rested in the apartment while Elder Johnson and Macneille worked the area, it worked out kind of nice.
We also got to go visit some members down in Brandt and Astoria, SD a good 40 miles away and that was nice. We talked with our branch president out there about how we can get the work rolling and we have some ideas we're going to work with. So we're optimistic about this coming week and see some good things in the future. We're praying and hoping to find someone to baptize this week.
Well I hope all is well with you and that the Lord is blessing you with missionary experiences and you are taking advantage of those experiences and helping bring those the Lord has prepared to the waters of baptism and to the doors of His temple. Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Fitt

No comments: