Sunday, May 23, 2010

May 10, 2010

Hello Everyone,
I hope all is well and that everyone had a great Mother's Day! I know I did being able to talk with my family. But unfortunately I don't have too much to report this week. Things are going well. We had a great bi-zone conference up in Fargo, ND. But other than that things are going a little slow. We haven't had any luck this week with finding new investigators, every door has been a no or an emphatic NO! Haha, its fun. We're going to be visiting several families down in Brandt, SD this weekend and hopefully we can get somethings going down there with them and their friends.
We did get to start our volunteer work at the Jenkins Living Center and help out in the Alzheimer's/Dimensia ward playing bingo with the people there. It was pretty fun. This sunday we will also help wheel them to their mini-church service held in the building. Other than that James is still reading, but not getting an answer or coming to church again. But we're working on him. The older gentleman we started teaching a little while ago has seemed to disappear which is unfortunate, but we're still trying to get a hold of him.
But I am grateful for this opportunity to serve. I am learning a lot and enjoying the work. It is difficult sometimes but the Lord has a plan for us and it is wonderful to be an instrument in his hands. I hope you all are active in fellowshipping your friends and family to help them find the happiness that the gospel brings. Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Fitt

No comments: