Monday, January 5, 2009

Chrismas Email Update

Hello Everyone,
I hope you Christmas' went well. Mine was, of course, a little different than usual, but still good. We have soooo much junk food now, its crazy. From packages and members and investigator's...its sickening just thinking about how much sugar is in the apartment. I'm thinking about giving it to some of our other investigator's...haha.

Anyway, it was a slow week. We only got to teach one lesson, and that was to Angelo. We did help Markata box some stuff up, she's moving on Tuesday across town, and we're gonna help her with that as well. But no one was home or was busy all week long with family, so it went by pretty slow.

I went to an opthamologist last week because Sister Cannon (mission presiden'ts wife) said I had to. Turns out I have a common problem I guess with my eyes where the oil glands in them produce a little too much oil, so when they mix with my tears to create the solution with coats they eyes, sometimes it is too thick. That coupled with the collection of dust and stuff in the air makes it easier for my eyes to get infected and is what caused my eyes to burn and hurt so bad. Anywho, fixing it is really easy and its just a matter of using really hot water when I clean my eyes every night to help loosen the oil and dust that gets in my eyes during the day. So problem solved(I hope)!

Highlight of the week was probably branch volleyball...haha, sad to say. It was a lot of fun and we had a good turnout. It got pretty competitive near the end of it and during one of the volleys I dove to get the ball and got a massive rug burn on my palm(the church gym's floor is carpet not hardwood). So that was fun, but I'm happy to say we won that match!

Oh ya, we did get a new investigator this week, which is exciting. Her name is Cora and has had some relations with Mormons in the past when she was raising her children. We're gonna visit her again this week and hopefully things progress well.

Also, our referral turned investigator Lynn, is really trying to make it out to church with her family but her husband has a big drinking problem, not to mention other things. But I'd like to ask you to keep her and her family in your prayers, she has a really sincere desire to come closer to her Savior and its really sad to see her husband stand in the way of it.

As the new year approaches I would hope that everyone would recommit themselves to come closer to the Savior. I know I will and I know that is what He wants. As we shape our thoughts and desires to things that He would have us do, our lives will be happier, we will be able to endure trials with more patience and fortitude and I know that the Savior will bless you for it. Also, I would like to commit you all to start reading the Book of Mormon all the way through again, or pick up where you left off. You can never read it enough, there is always something new you can learn from it and it will bless your life!

Anyway, enough of my challengings, I hope everyone has a wonderful week and stays safe in the weather and worries that surround this coming holiday!

Love,
Elder Fitt

No comments: