Monday, January 26, 2009

First Week in Rapid City!

Hello Everyone!
I hope everyone's week has been good. Mine has been pretty crazy. First off, I got called to be District Leader for Rapid City and surrounding areas...pretty crazy. I'm over 4 sets of elders and a pair of sister missionaries, Pres. Cannon is also in my district. Its pretty humbling, I'm the 3rd youngest missionary in the district out of like 10 missionaries or somethin, so I feel pretty inadequate, but I know that who the Lord calls, he qualifies. So hopefully I will be able to humble myself so I can be strengthened by the Lord.
Well I didn't get into Rapid until Thursday evening. The whole next day we went to whats called Zone leader/District Leader Council. It was comprised of Pres. and Sis. Cannon, one of the AP's, and the ZL's and DL's from 3 of the zones. So about about 16 of us, basically all the leadership on the west half of the mission. It was an awesome meeting and really helped me out with what I can and will be doing as District Leader.
I'm loving Rapid though, and my new companion is pretty cool. His name is Elder Rigg and he's from Las Vegas. Dunno if I said this last time but he's only been out for 3 months now, so 1 transfer less than me...so we're a pretty young companionship.
We got to visit some pretty cool people so far, some recent converts who are way awesome and really excited about the gospel. We have like 4 baptisms lined up for the month of February, which is crazy, seeing how I haven't had a baptism yet. And its pretty crazy being in a ward again...so many people its ridiculous, just as I was getting used to being in a branch now I have to adjus to a ward again. Biggest difference is wards are a lot more independant, and branches tend to rely a lot more on missionary support.
But the work is great, its been snowing here like crazy, weird because last week it was 60 degrees in Rapid and now its about 8.Well that its for now, I'll have more to talk about next week after I've been in the area for a little longer.
Oh ya, last email I said you could use two different addresses for me. I was told wrong. Only the mission office one works(apparently we don't have the key for the mailbox at our apartments and the landlord won't give us one). So if you want to send me a letter only use:

2525 W Main St. Suite #311
Rapid City, SD 57702

Well, I hope everyone is doing well and is keeping up on their Book of Mormon reading! I love you all!
Love,Elder Fitt

No comments: