Thursday, September 11, 2008

Week One/MTC

Hello All!

I don't know whose email addresses were correct when I sent this so email me back the family's correct email addresses.
Anyways, how is every one? I sent you a letter today so it looks like you'll be getting this first. So, my first week of the MTC was great, I went over some general stuff in the letter so I'll go into more details right now.
Awesome experiences...well there were a lot. My district is really cool and we had a chance to do a District Fast for a sister in our district who was wanting to go home. We sang a lot of hymns together then all got a turn to tell the sister why we loved her and why we needed to stay (there are 12 of us in the district). I felt the Spirit really stong. It was awesome. It was also cool because I didn't feel hungry at all. And later that day we had some gym time and I probably ran about 2 miles, and I wasn't even thirsty after it. It's amazing how the Lord will bless you when you are doing the right thing.
We had a great speaker at Sunday's fireside who is the missionary services director, Robert Swenson I think, or something like that. He spoke with a lot of power and conviction and got me excited for the work.
Probably one of the coolest experiences was the day we were fasting, we had an opportunity to team teach our teacher, Bro. Vallett, the first discussion, with 6 of us elders. Our goal was to find his needs and help him with them. And by the end of the lesson, he was blown away and laughed as he told us we helped him with a need he didn't even realize he had. Then right afterwards he told us to go outside and bear our testimonies to someone outside.
Elder Whisler and I found this solo elder and went to bear our testimony to him. He was an Elder who was called to serve at the MTC and I guess had special needs. Anyway, after we bore our testimonies, and were walking away, he called to us in his really soft voice and asked if he could bear his testimony as well. And he bore the sweetest, most simple testimony I have ever heard, and he shed a few tears too. But I felt the spirit so strong and was so grateful for the experience, because I knew that we brightened his day and he brightened ours, it was awesome.
A lot more cool stuff happened but there's so much that I can't remember it all. We listened to a really cool talk Elder Holland gave at the MTC in 2000, were he basically pored out his heart to the missionaries and got the most riled up I've ever seen him, he was shaking the podium and hitting it, he was yelling and he was crying, and it was because he kept saying, "My mission meant EVERYTHING to me." It was an awesome talk, and was really inspiring.
Anyway, its about time for me to go, I just wanted to tell you all I love you and hope you are reading your scriptures and are praying everyday! Keep it up!

Love,
Elder Fitt

P.S.
Feel free to starting forwarding these emails to everyone else, and feel free to write me as well!

PPS My mailing address is:
Elder William Fitt
MTC Mailbox #120
SD-RAPI 0917
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

I can receive mail at this address until I leave for SD on the 17th of September.

No comments: