Tuesday, November 24, 2009

April 27 2009 Eight Months Have Flown By!

Hello hello,
Its crazy how fast time flies. I've already been out 8 months, 1/3 of the mission, and it feels like yesterday I was heading for the MTC and it feels like 2 days ago I was reading my call letter. Weird. But things are going well here. I don't know where spring went. Thursday it was 85 degrees, then friday it was 35 and raining, then saturday it was snowing and we got about 2-4 inches in town. And all of sunday it continued to snow! The weather sure is crazy here. But fun, it always keeps you on your toes.
Thanks everyone for all the birthday emails and such, they were very much appreciated and unexpected, it really made my day. I wish I could email you all back, but I'm not supposed to...only immediate family members. I can write letters if I get addresses some how.
Anyway, the work is going great. We've been blessed with a large teaching pool recently. And out 8 year old investigator, Sayna, is getting baptized this saturday. I don't remember if I have told you already, but for a while we thought she would be a child of record baptism, but it turns out her parents aren't members, thus making it a convert baptism! Lucky us, so we're excited about that and she is really excited to get baptized.
We were blessed yesterday to get a call from an investigator who we haven't seen for 3 months. She had a baptism date then, but just disappeared. She said she wanted us to come back and that she still wants to be baptized, she was just having a hard time and had to fix some stuff. So we're really excited to start teaching her again and help her come unto her Savior.
Other than that, most everyone else is progressing well, we should have a few more baptisms lined up in the coming weeks, hopefully. So all is well. We've been playing tennis in the mornings. I had never really played it before my mission...sadly, it is way fun! But I'm not really good, so Elder Davis is learning me. This morning I got to kill off(send home) my daddy(my trainer) Elder Daly. It was kinda sad, I'll miss him, he's a great missionary.
Spiritual thought for the week. This past week, Elder Davis, Daly and I had a humbling experience. Earlier we had a tracted into a lady named Candy who had recently been fired from her job and was feeling pretty bitter and had negative feelings towards God. We were able to talk to her a while and calm her down and get her somewhat happy by the time we left. Well she said we could come back. So a few days later we did so. We were having a pretty good meeting with her and her friends, but her friends were kinda mocking her in the fact that she was even meeting with us. Eventually they left and she just started to cry. She felt dumb that her friends were making fun of her. She asked us to leave, but right before she did we heard her say quietly, "I hurt inside" and "I just want to feel peace." Earlier she had talked about how she had searched and never could find answers. On those notes we had to leave. We were heartbroken. We could see how much she needed the Atonement in her life. It can cure all pains, it can heal all sufferings. Though we weren't able to bring it to her, hopefully she reads the Book of Mormon and invites us back. But I can testify that the power of the Atonement is real. That as we come unto the Savior and ask for his help humbly, he will carry our cross for us. It doesn't mean that life will no longer be hard, quite the contrary, it means that no matter what happens, we will have peace, we will have joy.
I love you all and hope you have great week!
Love,
Elder Fitt

No comments: