Friday, October 31, 2008

Letter from Elder Fitt !!!

10.10.08

Family!

I thought you might like getting a letter, even though my handwriting is atrocious! So ya, Pierre is pronounced pier, which took a little getting used to. My area is rather large and it goes into so of Nebraska, but there are only 4 sets of missionaries in it. Two sets of elders and two sets of senior missionaries. The other elders in the district are serving on the indian reservation. The members rarely feed us. We do have a family which feeds us every Tuesday. Then we average one more meal a week every other week so the pickins are slim.
Well Mom had a lot of questions so I'll try to answer them all. So in a normal day we get up at 6:30 (hopefully) do a little bit of exerciseing (sit ups, push ups, jump rope, stretches). Then we eat breakfast, have personal study for an hour, then companion study for an hour. So we're finished with all that by 10am. For the rest of the day we either tract, work on re-activation, or teach investigators. We do a lot of service because tracting isn't too efficient here. Most of the day people are either gone at work or can't get together. I'm eating decently and taking my multivitamins every day! (Ithink I've only missed one day so far) Most of the members out here are strong, but don't help too much with missionary work. They're great people though!
One person I really enjoy is an ol' codger named Stan Olson. His family and his deceased brother's family make up like a third of the branch. Crazy huh? Well he's retired and he basiclly just puts around all day doing service for everyone in the community. He's way cool and I've learned a lot from him. I have helped him with various service projects.
More about my companion . . . well, he's jolly. We get along pretty well, but there are those annoyances that exist, like he sings ALL the time in the car and it drives me crazy, but I need to learn not to get bugged by it. He is cool though.
The weather is starting to drop in temperature, usually getting into the 30s at night and capping around 60 in the day. My coat seems pleanty warm. Good choice Mom! I do have access to other cold weather accessories.
It was great to hear about Gentry and AShby's antics. I miss them so much. I loved Gbob's pictures. I laughed for a good minute or two at the one of why we shouldn't do drugs. It was awesome.
I'm sending a picture of my MTC group in the letter. Maybe you can scan it and put it on the blog. I'll try to email a few pictures on Monday as well. Its sure to be better than nothing.
Well, I better close this up. I love you guys so much. I'm grateful for this opportunity to serve, learn and grow. I've already learned so much its almost been overwhelming. I have gone through some of the highs and lows of a mission already. I have learned how to pray earnestly and have grown so much closer to my Father in Heaven and His son Jesus Christ. I love this work and though it is hard and is really trying at times, I know the Lord will provide. Well, keep safe, don't move out of the new house before I get back!

Have a great week!
Love
Elder Fitt

No comments: