Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hello From Rainy! South Dakota

Hello Everyone,

Its been raining here, YA! I'm way stoked about that, its washing away all the dirt and snow from the winter and cleaning up the place...though I bet we'll get more snow...it is the Dakotas. But I'm doing good. I'm emailing today because we had our P-day moved this week to tuesday from monday because of the district meeting we had today in Brookings, SD, which is 45 miles away.

So I wish I had more time to email now but we got to get heading soon. The work here is progressing and we're starting to get some investigators in our teaching pool which is way exciting.

It was great to hear about Cam & Julie's new baby!! Third grandbaby- way cool, I bet you're excited to go visit them.

I'm really grateful for the wonderful emails you write me. They really give me a boost each week. I love hearing about the family too, they're growing up too fast those fetchers. Oh well. I wish I had more time to write tonight. We had our p-day moved from yesterday to today for just this week because we were having a district meeting in Brookings, SD and it worked better for everyone to work yesterday and have P-day today. But we don't have much time left in the library tonight.

But I just want to tell you how much I love you and appreciate you all. Thinking about it, I'd say one of the most important attributes parents should have is that they help you to feel the love that your Heavenly Parents have for you. You always do that for me. I have always know that you love me and I think I took that for granted for a long time. Being out here has really shown me how incredibly blessed I am to have the family that I have, who cares about each other and isn't always arguing and fighting and backstabbing each other. Thank you so much, you're the best!

I want to testify that this Church is true. At District Meeting today I gave a training on how we can continually improve as missionaries (and it applies for non-missionaries) as well. I got a lot of my ideas from a talk called "The Fourth Missionary" by Elder Corbridge of the 70 when he was a mission president. Its way awesome. But one of the principles that is so crucial to our growth in the gospel is that we follow the common saying "What would Jesus do?" But really thinking about that and applying it in our lives will bring tremendous blessings. At every choice of right or wrong...just think that in your head and I bet 9 times out of 10 you'll pick the right choice. I'd like to write more but we need to head.

I hope you all have a good week!

Love,
Elder Fitt

No comments: