Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Elder Fitts cRaZY week...

Hello Everyone!
Well I've had a quite interesting week. And I don't have my journal with me so I know I'll leave some stuff out. The week started out good. We finally were able to get a hold of Angelo again and we got to teach him. We decided to just review the Plan of Salvation, but it was awesome because he remembered most of it (we had him put all the pieces to the puzzle together which outline the plan). He's a great guy and loves having us over, but is just really busy with work. Hopefully we'll be able to see him more often.
I don't remember if I told everyone last week, but Ramone dropped us, which was lame. We did get a new investigator though. His name is Jace, a native in his 20's. We taught him the restoration and it was good stuff. I'm rushed on time today so I bet I'm leaving stuff out.
We also saw Markata and committed her to follow the Word of Wisdom, which was awesome! She has problems with smoking, drinking and coffee, but she said she is willing to stop all of them, and we'll help her along the way, so its good stuff.
Well like I said last week, Elder Daly and I were going to go to Rapid for a day and a night so he could go to some District/Zone leader council meeting or something. And we left Wednesday night for it. Well...a big storm was rolling in that night and we were told to just try to beat it. Ya, that didn't happen. About halfway to Rapid the road conditions were too poor. Winds around 50 mph blowing snow like crazy, maybe 30 feet of visibility. So we had to stop off in the a little town called Kadoka. ANd I only have 2 mins left. Sooo, to make a long story short. We were stuck in Kadoka for THREE DAYS, IT was terrible. The interstate didn't open for that long. So we finally drove to Rapid on saturday. And have since been hanging out with the Zone Leaders and going on exchanges with them. Its been awesome and I got to watch my first baptism out on the mission.
I haven't been home for like 5 days though so I haven't been able to write to anyone. Sorry! Well I gotta go, I'll write more next week. These Rapid City computers have a 30 min time limit. Have a great week everyone!
Love,
Elder Fitt

No comments: