Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day From Watertown SD!

Hello Everyone,

I hope you all are well. We've gotten a good amount of snow here in South Dakota this week, enough to cancel church on Sunday. That was too bad, but most of the branch lives out of town so there was no way for them to make it.

Elder Wilson and I were sick for most of last week but we're both on the mend. So last week was a little slow not being able to work as much, but I'm excited for this week, especially since we have zone conference on Thursday! I'm way excited. Except for the fact that 12 missionaries will be staying the night in our apartment, say goodbye to all our food! It'll be fun though...because I'll have my own bed, haha.

I wish I had more to report on this week but not too much happened. We did some good ol' deep cleaning in our apartment, and a member that is realy close with the missionaries came over and helped a little so we offered to help him clean his apartment. Lets just say that hes a 39 year old bachelor living in an old, apartment. Ya it was crazy. We filled up our vacuum in about a 10 square foot area. It was nuts, luckily its the kind that doesn't use a bag and you just empty the container. We still aren't done at his place but we're going to keep helping him and help him be more clean. The place reminds me somewhat of Aunt Toda's...though most you won't know what that means.

Anyway, I am so grateful to be able to serve. The Lord has so many blessings in store for us but we have to want them, and we have to strive for them. Action! Action! Action! The gospel is all about action and the Lord helps those who help themselves. Some people out there aren't able to help themselves, either they're too tired, or lost, or whatever, so we must help them as well. We're all in this together. Now let us go out and be the answer to someone's prayers!

Love,
Elder Fitt

No comments: